Issue # 57 - How I made $41,218 last month!Nov 12, 2023
Last month (October) I hit a new record inside my business.
The number is $41,218!
In this email, I am going to break down some of the most important things that got me here.
Before I dive into the lessons I want you to know that it took me 3 years to get to this point…
Knowing the things I am going to share with you in this email, I believe I could’ve shortened that timeline to 12-15 months.
I hope this email will shorten the amount of time it takes you to do similar numbers inside your business.
Let’s first dive into a breakdown of the numbers:
- 1-1 Coaching - $21,273
- Mastermind - $5,295
- Digital Products - $1,155
- In-Person Mastermind - $13,000
- Affiliate Revenue - $495
Total = $41,218
Let’s dive into the lessons:
1. Built in one direction for a long time - Building something interesting takes time. Results come after you’ve invested a good amount of energy, time, and focus in one direction. This is the magic of compounding. The trouble is that most are hopping from this to that not sticking with any one thing long enough to experience success. Once you find your lane, stay in it for a long time. Know and trust that if you put years into anything there is no way you will not get the result that you are after.
2. Did what doesn’t scale - In business everyone is focused on scaling. Scaling often leads to looking for the most energy-efficient way of doing something. The thing is that some things that make a difference don’t scale. Here’s an example of something that makes a difference but doesn't scale. Whenever someone joins my Mastermind, I schedule and have a 30-minute call with them. This is something that I simply can’t justify financially. That said, this call makes a world of a difference by making people feel welcomed and cared for when they join my mastermind. This funny enough, leads to them staying for longer and the business making more money. A lot of the things that don’t scale have an invisible payoff. Don’t make the mistake of discounting these things because “they don’t scale”.
3. Built credibility - While a lot of people might not know who I am (currently) the people who do know me, know that I deliver. I’ve built a strong reputation over time by delivering exceptional service and results for my clients. I also don’t force people to take my word for this. If you click back to my website or socials, you’ll clearly see dozens of testimonials from the people I’ve helped. There’s what you say about you… And then there’s what others say about you. The latter is what makes a difference.
4. Launched new offers - One of my intentions for this year was to create a series of offerings that would allow anyone who wants to work with me to be able to do so no matter where they were at financially. This led to the launch of my mastermind, new low-ticket, and mid-tier high-ticket experiences. This in turn led to more people being able to work with me and consequently higher revenue numbers. I talk about this in-depth in this free guide.
5. Freed time - Eventually you’ll realize that the biggest bottleneck to growth is time. There simply isn’t enough of it. To get to the next level you have to learn how to free your time from low-impact activities and channel it toward high-impact activities. I’ve done this by starting to allocate some money toward buying back my time. This has been the best money I've spent this year. Here are some of the hires I’ve made this year that have freed my time from low-impact activities - chef, housemaid, virtual assistant, video editor, assistant coaches. By hiring these people I’ve easily freed up over 20 hours per week that I can now channel toward building the business.
6. Clearer Whys - There are whys behind why you do the things that you do. This year I've gotten clearer and connected deeper with these whys. This has made a huge difference in how I show up. Out of all the lessons I shared here, while it might not seem like it, this is the one that has had the most impact in my business. Nietzche put it best - "He who has a strong enough why can bear almost any how."
While I could go on...
I gotta go! I am late for lunch!
If you want my help starting, growing, or optimizing your creator business, simply reply to this email.
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Learn How To Make A Living As A Creator
Join over 10,000 Creators who are getting one weekly email with practical advice on building a Creator Business. Everything from mindset to marketing.
Written by Abraham Casallas
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.