First of all, I want to say that I HATE the word course/program. It’s bland. It’s boring. It does not do justice to what you can create online for your future clients. When it comes to building courses and programs, I want you to think of building an EXPERIENCE. In this blog post, I will refer to Online Courses/Programs as Online Coaching Experiences.
Here are 10 reasons why every coach needs to have an online coaching experience:
- Helps You Develop Clarity Over Your Coaching Process – Building an online coaching experience is like writing a book. It will force you to clarify your thinking around your process for helping someone achieve the result they hired you for.
Having this clarity over your coaching process opens up a number of possibilities such as:
- bringing other coaches under you to help you coach your program
- delegating and automating certain things that don’t need to be done by you
- freeing up your time so you can work on and scale your coaching business
- Improve and Simplify Your Coaching Process – Now that you have clarity over your coaching process, you will be able to make it more effective by either adding or taking away components.
- Superior Client Experience – When you build an online coaching experience you are building a transformational journey for your future clients. Because this journey is pre-thought-out, you can make sure that your client gets everything they need to get what they want from your coaching. You can also add components that are going to delight your clients. Example: Gift boxes, welcome & momentum emails, third party services, etc. An online coaching experience is your own little world and you can make it as special and fun as you please.
- Charge More – Having an online coaching experience increases the perceived value of your coaching offer. This allows you to charge more and experience less price resistance at the time of the sale.
- Save Time – In your coaching practice, there is information that every client needs to know (expectations, specific information, decision making frameworks, etc) Without an online program, you are forced to manually deliver this information to every client. This is a huge waste of your valuable time. An online experience will allow you to deliver what every client needs to know without you being involved in the process.
- Serve More People At The Same Time – By freeing up your time you are able to take on and serve more clients at a higher level.
- Differentiate Yourself From The Competition – Your online coaching experience has your essence infused into it. There is no other in the market like yours. When marketing and selling your coaching, this will help you stand out from every other coach who is simply selling 1-1 coaching.
- Minimize Refunds – With an online course, you can set your content to drip over time as the client progresses through your coaching experience. This will give your client a reason to stick around past the refund period so they can continue to get your premium content.
- Give Your Clients The Opportunity To Go At Their Own Pace – Not every client can advance through your coaching experience at the same pace. Having an online course will give your clients the opportunity to work through your program at a pace that is comfortable for them.
- Opens Up The Possibility For Group Coaching – When you have an online coaching experience created, you have the systems in place to take on and coach many people at the same time.
Would you like me to guide you through the process of you creating and selling your own coaching experience?